jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How does your writing make you feel?

1. 60
    The Undiscoveredposted 5 years ago

When I write I vent, I re-group and I feel calmer. But mostly it helps me realise how I truly feel about things. Turning it into the written word makes my thoughts less muddled and more coherent. Well at least to me!!!!!!

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I definately vent. No doubt about it.

2. Moon Willow Lake profile image79
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 5 years ago

I often find that I tend to express myself better in written form. How I feel about changes from time to time.

Sometimes, it's burdensome and glad when that particular one is done and published.

Other times, it feels really good because I might be writing about something that could really help others.

And yet other times, it's fun.

It just depends on what else is happening in my life.

1. melodyandes profile image59
      melodyandesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We have the same thought.

3. asiemens profile image61
    asiemensposted 5 years ago

Depending on what I'm writing, I can get different reactions. If I'm writing about an event that happened to me, then I tend to express myself and get all my feelings out. I totally feel calmer and less stressed. If I'm writing fiction, getting a good idea for a story can really make my day. I automatically get happier and things get to me less.

However, it's also a double-edged sword. If I'm having a hard time coming up with something (writer's block, anyone?) then I'll be down in the dumps. If I can't come up with a decent idea or my mind is too muddled, then my day is shot.

4. Monisajda profile image83
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

When I write I start to see clearly. I am an introvert so it is easier for me to express myself that way rather than talk. If I come across a subject that is fascinating to me, I tend to get so immersed in it, I feel almost as if I am on fire and burning with desire to create and then share my thoughts.

5. billydee168 profile image61
    billydee168posted 5 years ago

Writing for me is like going for a walk instant of driving the car. You notice more of your surrounding.

6. cutievert profile image60
    cutievertposted 5 years ago

Writing more makes me get more insights in doing it..Almost the same with reading..but to my own thought and feelings..