jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Affiliate programs

1. Dennis Rosenbaum profile image60
    Dennis Rosenbaumposted 5 years ago

Do I need to sign up for an affiliate program before I start publishing hubs? That probably sounds like a silly question, but I got the sense from one of the articles in the help center that you might need to publish first to prove yourself. If so, is adsense the way to go for a beginner?

Thanks for your help.

1. shogan profile image87
      shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dennis--Welcome to HP.  You definitely want to write a few quality hubs before signing up for Adsense.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Having no published Hubs, how would any affiliate be able to judge if your work is a good candidate for their program? 

AdSense rejects applicants whose sites appear to be under construction.

3. Rising Caren profile image80
    Rising Carenposted 5 years ago

Well a lot of people are already signed up to affiliate programs and they just reuse them on HP...

But yes, in order to join most affiliate programs, they will need you to have content on the site you will mainly use to promote them.

So bloggers would make a few posts, hubbers would make a few hubs, others would make whatever else they need, etc... And then apply.

If you have a blog (3 months or older with steady posting), it'll probably be easier to get in affiliate programs through those but otherwise you will need to write some hubs and use your hubpages profile as your "website".

1. Dennis Rosenbaum profile image60
      Dennis Rosenbaumposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Gee, thanks for all the speedy responses. I just wanted to make sure that I had been correct in thinking I needed to write a few hubs before signing up for anything.