jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Weird server error and continued inability to upload photos

1. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

Ive spent most of today writing a hub while being attacked by a teething 8 month old, it was quite stressful.

To add to that issue, I had some major publishing issues across multiple browsers, I switched between FF, Chrome and Opera trying to get a fix and It didnt work.

The first error, was an inability to save - this happened after using the code capsule, at the time I had the code drop down entered as the wrong language, is it that picky?

I received a 500 error not found , big black bar on white screen.

I hit back and all my recently written content was gone, but the "recover draft " function did work. It took 3 attempts to get the code capsule to delete. I was able to save and exit.

Coming back with the a new browser, the code box had reappeared! but was not displaying correctly and the newest text was once again gone. I was able to delete the code box and recover draft from another browser window that was still open.

Now, I cant upload photos from my hd or the net.

Does the code box ever cause odd issues? I have never used it before and I have never had this cross browser photo error before either

2. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

When I have the picture upload error, which is quite often, I open the pic in gimp, resave it and then I'm able to upload it.

3. sunforged profile image67

I tried a dozen different images in multiple formats.

Im about to try and upload pictures via the photo manager and add them to the hub via the library, but still may be an issue for HP to look into.

"the server is not responding as expected"

You have seen that error before?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just had the entire site go down for a few minutes, so perhaps whatever they just had to do will wind up fixing your issue too.

4. sunforged profile image67

your suggestion was solid! as I have been able to upload a picture via the "photos" tab but the main problem photo still repeats the same error, bet its to small.

5. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

I'm sure I've seen that error once or twice, but for the main it's something else. Although I can't remember what.

sunforgedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

well i all sorted now - looks like the server didnt enjoy my icons, so even though I tested a bunch of images they were all on the small side and I got the same error. Popped them in photoshop and added some meat and they worked.

Thanks for making me think - I probably would have kept trying the same 6 images for the next month .. Im stubborn like that.

which makes me think that if there are minimum sizes, i see no reason why that couldnt easily be stated -

6. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Can't believe your kid is 8 months already, madness! That is like 10% of the way to six and a half!

sunforgedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thats what I was thinking.

Im already sharpening my shotgun .. or whatever its called smile

7. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I've not seen any error with regards to what you are talking about. I just went to one of my hubs, to change it and upload a new picture. It took without a problem.

I did not try to import the picture from somewhere online, but from my computer.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help. smile