jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

canceling AdSense account

1. Ana Louis profile image83
    Ana Louisposted 5 years ago

I am exhausted from trying to work with Google AdSense.  I want to cancel my account, but I have forgotten my password.  I have tried resetting it following their prompts, but it always takes me back to the gmail log in page.  I have been going around in circles for hours.  I just want OUT.  Can anyone tell me how to accomplish that?  How do I cancel AdSense on HubPages?

1. Barbara Kay profile image83
      Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you'll be sorry in the end. Just hang in there and ignore it for awhile.

Ana Louisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Barbara.  I admitt I was somewhat agravated last night.  I am a non-techno person and I have absolutely no patience with all this computer mumbo jumbo.  Sometimes I just want to throw the thing out the door.smile  I will take your advise and "ignore it for awhile.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You read the FAQ entry on that very topic.  But as noted in the FAQ answer, it won't remove the AdSense ads from your Hubs.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#removeadsense

Thanks for responding relache.  I really don't care about the ads on my hubs.  I don't work at making money from them.  I was just aggravated because I wanted to access my account, lost my password, and their process for resetting it was leading me in circles  - and there is no phone # to call for any type of assistance.  I am afraid that I am a lttle old fashioned - I believe that any company that makes as much money as Google does should have a better standard of customer service.   Oh well, I guess I will try again another day.  Thanks again.

2. To Start Again profile image86
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

do you still have acess to the email you used to sign up with AdSense? On Google's help section under 'help, I've forgotten my password" it gives a few options for resetting. Check this out: http://www.google.com/adsense/support/a … swer=10099

it tells you what to do if you don;t have the old email. If you can still get into that old account, check there for the email from google to reset and be sure to check your junk mail.

Thank you.  I will do that now.

working