jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

clicking on ads

1. catgypsy profile image82
    catgypsyposted 6 years ago

Hi! I know they told us not to have out family or friends click our ads just to help us make money. But my brother was reading one of my hubs and he was interested in the Amazon ad products. He was afraid to click them, but is that ok, if they are genuinely interested?

Thanks,
    Sheila

1. MurciélagoHeart profile image72
      MurciélagoHeartposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If they are genuinely interested, of course! That's honesty, a most noble virtue.

2. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I think it's okay to click on Amazon products in your capsule. If I'm not mistaken, it's even okay to click on your own Amazon products, but I don't think you can buy from yourself.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's correct. You can not buy via your own Amazon Affiliate link. But you can still click through if you just want to investigate.

However, when communicating to friends, it is easy to get the message mixed up, and I recommend telling them to NOT click on any ads on your Hubs. They might click on AdSense ads and get your account banned in short order.

If they want to support you, then can post a link to your Hub from their blogs, like/share it on Facebook, etc.

3. catgypsy profile image82

Thanks, everyone, for the replies. Jason, are you saying it's ok for them to click on Amazon ads, just not the Google ones? And if it's ok to click the amazon ad, can they buy something if they want to?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think what Jason is trying to imply is it's better to be safe than sorry.

Amazon won't allow commission for people who buy from their own links. Which is easy for them to track as the two accounts are usually linked.

Strictly speaking, Amazon don't even want your family and friends to buy from your links. Which I think is stupid.

If I were you I'd avoid sending any family, friends, co-workers to webpages that have both Amazon and Adsense. It just gets too messy and confusing. And if not explained properly you might have someone thinking they're doing you a favour by clicking on ads. Which won't end well for you.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
        Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, exactly - well-said, darkside.

The people that should be clicking on your ads are those who come in from search engines to read your Hubs, catgypsy - i.e. people who most certainly don't know you.

4. catgypsy profile image82

Thanks, Darkside and Jason. You're right, it's better to be safe than sorry!

Sheila

working