I Need Help With Self Promotion

1. DaNoblest profile image60
    DaNoblestposted 5 years ago

I want to increase my traffic like almost everyone here. While there are tons of good hubs and advice on how to do so, this is not really what I need help with.

I have always been pretty bad at promoting myself. I would rather write a positive one page review on someone else than a paragraph to sell myself. I can spend hours researching a topic but the thought of looking for places to promote my work for even five minutes scares me.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to overcome this fear of self promotion from the more experienced writing community. Please let me know if you have any insight into this matter or if you have personal technique for this type of thing.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You have a good point. I help creative writers with promotion, including representation, and it is common that they are uncomfortable promoting themselves. I even believe that many people find it easier to promote the works of others than their own.

Technique... As in all matters that deal with fear, anxiety, inhibitions and such, I'd recommend breaking the issue into components. Before you can self-promote, you must learn and study what that entails. Create a bulleted list. Once you have completed that, start implementing them step by step. Break some of the more difficult things into sub-goals.

There is also the option to just write and see what happens.

1. DaNoblest profile image60
      DaNoblestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the response!  It is nice to know that I am not the only one with this problem.

That technique sounds like a good idea. It is much easier to take a step at a time than think of the distance overall. I will begin to try what you suggested to see if that helps.

Thank you I appreciate your advice. =]