jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Looking For Writing Work

1. rorymullen profile image59
    rorymullenposted 6 years ago

I am looking for writing work. I can write articles upwards of 1000 words for $7.50 I need to get this work to help pay for bills. Thanks You

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Please don't sell yourself short. There are places you can apply to write 500 words for $10. Try Bright Hub or apply to Demand Media. Create an account with oDesk or ELance.

By saying you will write for cut-rate prices makes it harder for you and for other writers to make a living wage.

1. marimccants profile image59
      marimccantsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

wow!...really? a 500-word article for 10 dollars? Writers in Philippines were only paid with $2-$3 only.

3. Rising Caren profile image81
    Rising Carenposted 6 years ago

I don't know if there are many places that give 10$ for a 500 words article.

However I do know there are place like textbroker that give about 5-7$ for a 500 word article. So a 1000 word article for $7.5 is clearly underpriced. You'd have to be able to write a quality 1000 word article in exactly or under an hour to make it worth minimum wage.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Brighthub pays $10 upfront for a 450-word article plus ongoing RevShare. They allow writers from all over the world to write if they are accepted.

Demand Media pays $15 to $25 and up for a 400- to 500-word article but no ongoing RevShare. They only take writers from the US, UK and Canada.

There are tons of other sites that pay upfront, and the lowest that I know of pay $10. Most of them only take US writers.

1. Rising Caren profile image81
      Rising Carenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm Bright hub looks interesting.

Sadly I applied to Demand Media a year ago but I didn't take the application that seriously thinking I could reapply later on (I only wanted to test it out, that's why I wasn't taken it that seriously).

Well I should have taken it more seriously because now everytime I try to reapply it fails because I've already been declined back then. Geez. If I'd known reapplying would be so difficult, I'd have given it my all the first time around.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's life, I can understand why you would be rejected, what if you had taken that approach with your first articles? "I will just try and get away with not trying my best, if they don't accept it I will try harder". There is no reason why an online business would be any different from an offline business, if you f*ck up your first interview you don't get a second interview, that is life.... first impressions and all smile

I was having a "try out for every writing site phase" (not that that's an excuse. I should have given it my all, but that is why I wasn't trying that hard).

Of course now I learned better and thankfully there are other writing sites out there.

2. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might not have made the cut even if you did take it seriously. There are quite a few hubbers who are extremely intelligent, fabulous writers with good resumes who were turned down.

Well it's alright. I'm applying for Break Studios right now. Crossing my Fingers (but if not, I'm a member of textbroker and TheContentAuthority so I have choices; they just don't pay all that well.)

working