jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Google keyword tool

1. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

I have been using the Google keyword tool for sometime now... I am a little puzzled to find that the CPC for a keyword keeps changing every time I look it up... Why is it so? can someone explain this please.

2. goldenpath profile image80
    goldenpathposted 5 years ago

Good question.  I'll bump the thread out of curiosity.  I use it extensively also.  Now more than ever since Google has reconfigured.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago

CPC of a keyword depends upon advertisers' bids. So, as bid trends change, the CPC changes.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the response ... ................
      I guessed that but what puzzles me is that I was doing a search an hour ago and somehow did not save the results so as I was looking for secondary keywords I found that the CPC for the same word was different now, a couple of cents more...

so out of curiosity I did some more checking and  did find the difference in some - sometimes higher, sometimes lower - that is what puzzled me.

...............................but do things change so fast??

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago in reply to this

People are bidding all the time. smile

1. sofs profile image86

mmm... possible..  smile

Maybe I should ask another question..which is connected..
          is there any use in doing these keyword searches...I had picked up some keywords six months ago that was okay in terms of CPC..I noticed that the adsense clicks are worth nothing now.. so I did some more checking and now the same words will fetch me $ 0.05 ... after all the effort and getting them back linked and stuff.....
          I hate to crib... but I am really puzzled a..  smile

1. Misha profile image75
            Mishaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It might be because you picked "news" keywords that were actual at the moment and now are forgotten history. Like for example "Britney Spears does not wear panties video", or something like that. smile

1. sofs profile image86

Not really MIsha, I write on self improvement topics as old as the sea..  I was wondering if the 'G' Act has shaken up stuff  ... no Britney Spear with or without Panties  for me... smile
              I am trying to understand this so I know how to pick my keywords.

1. Misha profile image75
                Mishaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, not knowing what exactly keyword we are talking about, I cannot even guess.

However, in general picking keywords based on CPC proved to be a losing practice, at least for me. I elaborated a bit on this in my google keyword tool hub. smile

1. sofs profile image86

Thank You Misha I will look it up... right now .
                  I was talking about stuff like self confidence , public speaking and the like.. smile

working