jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

A question about page hits

1. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

How could I possibly get a page hit on a hub that has never been published, if in fact, our own visits aren't counted?  Just strange.  Sort of like when I made .01 from adsense with no clicks.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Your own visits are counted smile

3. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

I really wish my own visits didn't count.  As it is, I feel a little bit like I'm committing fraud when I go in to update the content, fix a typo or handle a comment.

Sometimes folks use more than one computer, so perhaps it would be a tech-admin nightmare to make such "no-counts" automatic.  If that's so, I'd settle for the option to click an "Ignore" button when I'm logged in and fiddling with my own Hubs.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

When you get into the tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and even millions of views, it's not going to matter much how many times you've visited your own page.

4. Pete Michner profile image89
    Pete Michnerposted 8 years ago

Mine never show as page hits when I use my firefox browser which I think is because I have a plugin called AdBlocker Plus with a little icon that looks like a stop sign with the letters ABP inside. It also makes it so no adsense appears around any hubs, which is good if you worry about accidentally clicking your own ads. Oops! I bet Hubbers hate the idea of no ads coming up! sorry...I won't mention that thing again smile

5. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Hubpages' counter will still count it as an impression I think. And no one cares about ad blockers - hubbers are the worst sort of traffic and I never seek them as an audience smile

They don't click on ads big_smile