jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What just happened?

1. weholdthesetruths profile image59
    weholdthesetruthsposted 5 years ago

I logged into my HP account today and found that a massive re-assignment of scores just went on.   Pages that were near the bottom yesterday are now close to the top, and some that were high yestereday suddenly dropped a bunch. 

I am used to seeing them move around, especially see new ones adjust themselves, but in the last day, the realignment was huge, as in almost everything moved signficantly up or down, though the average didn't change more than 1 or 2, which again, is relatively normal.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I don't know for sure, but I suspect a lot of hubs are being taken down. That's got to have something to do with the scores.

Maybe HubPages changed its algo? smile

1. weholdthesetruths profile image59
      weholdthesetruthsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's possible.   I have two fictional stories, most of which ranked just barely above 50, and suddenly they all went up, but about a dozen of my top pages lost at least 5-10 points.   

I used to have a bunch of them at 50,51, 52, etc, and they all went up and are no longer the bottom.   * confused *

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

Maybe it has something to do with the implication of that new hubpages ad program.