jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Question about referrals

1. Lea^ profile image73
    Lea^posted 8 years ago

I have a weird question just to clarify how things work.
    Is there any other reason we would use a tracker other than to generate traffic?
    Are the ad clicks the only way to generate income or does Hubpages have a referral program?

2. guidebaba profile image61
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Advantages of Refferal Tracker Codes:

1. Use Tracker for your own hubs to generate Traffic and To make other people sign-up. You earn 60% of all such traffic and 9% or 12% for traffic that you being to other Hubs. After coming to HP, if anybody signs up, you earn 10% for lifetime. This 10% comes from HPs share and not from the person who signed up.

* Read "How Tracker Works" for all your answers. You can find it at the bottom of the page where you see your Tracker code(s)

2. Revenue generating at Hubpages:

a. Google Ads.
    b. Kontera Ads.
    c. e-bay
    d. Amazon
    MORE TO COME....(Hopefully)

1. Lea^ profile image73
      Lea^posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I do remember reading this now, but wasn't getting it. smile Your answer helped, thanks.

3. vietnamese profile image78
    vietnameseposted 8 years ago

Since you brought this up, I am wondering about this also. I know it said you earn % of the traffic... blah blah blah.... Is this for the purpose of calculating eCPM or something like that? Because generating traffic does not produce any income, only when they click or purchase with Amazon or eBay. I think I read everything under FAQ and help sections already but still not able to understand this.

1. guidebaba profile image61
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

At HP "%" e.i 60% or 12% or 9% or 10 % refers to time when your Ads get displayed. For e.g. Google Adsense sharing here on HP is 60:40. Hubbers get 60% and HP gets 40%. This means that on each of our Hubs 60% of the Time our Ads get displayed while 40% of the time the Ads of HP gets displayed. Timing is still a mystery for me.

To earn money at Amazon we have to sell their items.

e-bay pays even for Diverting Traffic to their sites. (This is clearly mentioned at the e-bay site.

Hope you found this helpful.

Any other question?