jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Please HELP another week old Hub newbie!

1. Candelish profile image80
    Candelishposted 5 years ago

So far I have published 4 Hubs and in the week that I have been here, I haven't received much feedback on my Hubs.  I'm interested in a wide spectrum of pretty much anything so my Hubs follow whatever catches my mind and then I do the research and write the Hub.  I am also working diligently on completing my first novel and I want to ensure it is marketable to my chosen audience.  In other words, I would appreciate all the help I can get!  Thank you for having this forum! big_smile

2. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

Hi Candelish,

It takes a while for hbus to gain readership, so don't worry that you don't have a huge audience yet. If you post a link to one of your hubs (you can do that on this forum), people will read and give advice on the layout, wording, etc.

Increasing internal readership is fairly easy if you join the weekly Hub Mobs (the current subject is Mother's Day) and various contests as they occur.

Increasing external readership (via organic search engine results) takes a long time. I have some Hubs that are getting a decent amount of readership, but others that are struggling after the Google algorithm change. Make sure you write a summary for each article (in the right-hand box with tabs - click on "summary"). I'm still new with keyword research, etc. so I'll leave that advice for a more experienced Hubber.

1. Candelish profile image80
      Candelishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

leahlefler, thank you very much.  I've tried attaching the link, but I'm not sure if it will work. 

Also to everyone, I think I was highly nervous or have lost a section of my mind as I put down 1 week instead of 2, and 4 Hubs instead of 5.  I think I'll decide which one after a few comments. 

Again thank you for this Hub!

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

The purpose of the Extreme Hub Makeover forum thread is for self starters who want or have the gumption to improve upon themselves and their hubs.

You've take the right steps to come here, however, in this thread, you can post links to a few of your hubs, then change them, then post a few more links and change them. It's a process that needs to be taken, so I would suggest you post a few links that you want checked out and learn to crawl before you learn to run. wink

I do hope you enjoy your time here on Hubpages. smile

4. Candelish profile image80

Okay here come the links, I hope.  (I've been out of IT for a few years and to my great sorrow & current rear end kicking, I did not keep up with the changes!  Stupid of me I know.) Coding was never my forte.

[url]http://hubpages.com/[url]/hub//Germs-Germs-Everywhere-Are-we-becoming … c-country/

[url]http://hubpages.com/[url]/hub//Using-coupons-to-save-money-AND-stockp … -inflation/

Hopefully these 3 will work.  I wish there was a way of testing the code prior to hitting submit, for idiot beginners like me.

5. Candelish profile image80

Could some informed person tell me what I did wrong with the code?