jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Updated browser to IE 9, now can't edit my hubs

1. Janet21 profile image61
    Janet21posted 6 years ago

I am not sure if one has anything to do with the other, but I recently updated my browser to IE 9 and now I can't edit my hubs.  When I click edit, it just pages up to the top of the hub.

I already contacted HP about this, but was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why this would be happening or if anyone is experiencing anything similar to this.

1. Michael Willis profile image76
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Firefox is better with HP.
      A question for you.....when you hit the Edit button, have you waited for the page to completely load? If not I have noticed the page Jumps up to the top of the page.  Let the page load first and then hit Edit.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Well, the official browser for HP is firefox, why don't you give it a try? It has its quirks, but it certainly is much easier on computer resources than IE. smile

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I'm with Misha here - I switched to FF months ago just because IE doesn't work well on HP and haven't seen a reason to go back.

4. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Simple answer: Microsoft makes lousy software.

Longer answer -  it is likely compatability mode - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

But Firefox is a better choice and Chrome is an even better choice than Firefox.

5. Janet21 profile image61

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I never had this problem before with IE, so maybe it has something to do with the update.  @Michael: I tried again making sure the page fully loaded and I still had a problem.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Maybe I will give firefox a try. @Misha: When you say firefox has it's quirks, any significant ones I should know about?

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Well, for me I have to restart it every day or so, cause it starts using too much memory and slows down to crawl. But than I use about 50 tabs across several windows, so I am not a typical user. Other browsers seem to be even worse under that kind of load. This would be the major thing for me, other things are minor - I remember stumbling on something here and there, but don't remember any details though. smile

1. Pcunix profile image87
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is the issue.

Like Misha, I always have many tabs open and Firefox crashes at least once a day.

Chrome will not (although it will once a month).

Both of them recover all open windows, so it is a minor annoyance.

Firefox is slower than Chrome, though.

7. Janet21 profile image61

Thanks for the information guys!

working