jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How many of you have Synesthesia?! curious?

1. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

I have been having a 'conversation' in a comment box, with a hubber today, and mentioned that I have synesthesia! for any of you that don't know what it is, and I don't blame you!, it is pretty rare! what it means is that I 'think' in colour. the old, Monday is blue, tuesday is yellow kind of thing, it is something to do with how the brain is wired. some people, when they hear music, 'see' the notes in colour. or as in my case, I see colours in words and letters, for example, N is blue, S is red, W is always green for some reason! Anybody else? I also discovered that my brother was the same! we always thought it was normal! lol any more of you out there?

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Never heard of it and I now know only those who mentioned it here, who have it. hmm

2. AliciaC profile image97
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

Yes Nell, I have synesthesia too. My brain says that "Monday" is brown, while "Tuesday" is pink! It's an interesting phenomenon. I never thought how strange synesthesia was when I was a child, but now I know a little more about it.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Never.... Never justify having an interesting and colorful personality... No matter how Black someone else's cloud may be! big_smile

I have always been able to notice the Dull and Bland colors of Depressed people...
    And the Bright colors of Positive people. hmm

I find it very interesting that most Depressed people deny it when I mention it to them! big_smile
    I wonder if it is that wish to hide it and to be seen as colorless... that actually feeds their depression? hmm

4. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

A couple of my children say that they have this too.  My daughter in particular says that certain letters were always certain colors when she was learning to read.  I think in her case it has diminished to some degree.

The people I have heard about who had this were creative people, some known poets (not totally famous), for example; Mozart almost certainly did.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

Sounds like a nice thing to have smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

What an interesting phenomenon!
    I wonder if Mick Jagger was writing about you, Nell Rose...
    "...she's a rainbow..." smile!!