jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Adsense posting more expensive ads?

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

Just curious.

For the first tme since a few days after I joined, my hp traffic is greater than my google traffic. And for a few days there, I was on about 0 clicks!

My traffic is still appalling but a few days ago, my clicks started going back to their prior total value - with far fewer clicks!

I'm wondering if google is compensating by providing more expensive adsense value?

Anyone else experience that?

2. Pente profile image86
    Penteposted 5 years ago

Yes, but my numbers were so small that I just considered them to be a statistical aberration.

The number of Adsense clicks has dropped by 77%, but my Adsense revenue has only dropped 40%.

When March is over, I will put up more information on my profile page.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Adsense click value is based on the quality of the site & what people are bidding on Keywords. if click value has increased then one of these things must have increased.

1. ngureco profile image86
      ngurecoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought Adsense is posting more ads of lower value than it did before the change of their algorithm.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This has been my experience as well.

2. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, Adsense gives you a fixed percentage of the revenue it generates for a click through. If you are receiving bids from lower advertisers, or lower bids on your ad spots then it means one of the two following things.

a) Advertisers are bidding less on keyword/s related to your site.

b) Your site has lost a certain amount of Google trust, this means that you will be displaying ads from people who are bidding lower values.

For instance a high value site such as crave.cnet.com will bid a lot, have high value clicks, but it's ads will display on high value sites.  However an advertiser such as anonymoustechblogger.com will bid low values, and it's ads will appear on low value sites. Increasing your Domain Trust is a good way to make your site attract higher paying advertisers through Google Adsense.

2. Richieb799 profile image66
      Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Oli, did you get my question Facebook regarding multiple sites effecting overall cpm?  My cpm is up and down, some of my other sites are doing ok.

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sent you a response this morning that should cover it! If you have any mroe questions get in touch smile

4. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

Thanks. So, I'n not the only one experiencing this. Nice to have confirmation. smile