Question about hubs getting copied on other forums

1. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I am wondering how much a hub gets penalized when it is posted in another persons forum post. I have a few hubs that have been copied word for word but with the link in forums where the topic is being discussed.
    Normally if it's someone just stealing my work I file DCMA and it gets removed, but with forum posts how do you think that affects the hub?
    The reason I am asking is since the algo change I have noticed that one of these copied hubs has significantly dropped in traffic, and it is copied in another forum. It's my hub on cashing checks at Walmart. It has always had about 125-200 views per day for the last year, and now it's down to between 20-30 views a day.
    This is making me think it's getting penalized in the new algo change.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Dorsi,

I'm not sure if it is effecting your hub, but couldn't you contact the forum host and ask for it to be removed since the person who posted wasn't allowed to copy the content? hmm

Sorry, wish I could help more.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I file NOIs when I find my stuff copied on other forums.  They may not be making money off of it, but it's still stealing my work for uses I didn't authorize.

Plus, copied to the right (wrong) forum and people then begin to further copy and repost it from there.  So far my record is about 200 copies of one Hub thanks to one act of theft that then spawned the rest.