New Category Suggestion

1. Jwunder2222 profile image60
    Jwunder2222posted 5 years ago

There is a serious gap in quality online information for tobacco products, such as cigars, just waiting to be filled by some high quality hubs. My suggestion is that a new category should be created for tobacco, or that HubPages should find someplace for a topic like cigars. There are tons of anti-smoking articles on the web already and a plethora of web pages on the risks of smoking. But the fact of the matter is that some people know the risks and are going to smoke no matter what. So why not provide helpful information on cigars and such to those who want it? Include both sides of the argument if that's what you want. Have a topic on the risks of tobacco next to the cigars topic. But both sides of the story should be told. There should be a place for every topic on HubPages, not just judgmental health articles on tobacco use. After-all, the topic is only meant to provide helpful information on things like cigar brands and types of cigars. It's not about encouraging the use of tobacco, but enlightening people with more information on the subject. I'm guessing most will dislike my suggestion, but i'm curious as to how my suggestion will be received...

1. ThomasE profile image82
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Generally, adsense site try to avoid tobacco and smoking products, because having adverts or selling tobacco on your website is banned under the adsense policies.

It is a fine line between a post talking about tobacco from a factual stand point, to an actual promotion of tobacco... and there isn't the human editorial team to be able to vet them before publishing.

So, basically, the site has to play safe and discourage tobacco on its pages.