jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Approved! Now I have questions

1. Delaney Knows profile image61
    Delaney Knowsposted 5 years ago

I'm approved for AdSense! My hubs aren't ranking high enough to get any clicks, lol, but I'm continuing to learn and work on that. Here are my questions.

Will I get paid for any clicks or purchases from the ads google has on my hubs now?

When I went to the AdSense for newbies, it described setting up my ad formats and choosing products. I don't understand if I am supposed to choose Google Ads or if they will automatically be placed on my site. Or do I have a choice?

I did try to look for these answers. If they're here somewhere they must have went right over my head!

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome newbie. Congrats. Wait for a while. Read no of hubs related to your questions .

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Delaney, congrats on getting your account approved. Your next step should be linking your account to Google Adsense via  your Affiliate section, under "my account".

You need to enter your publisher's ID in the box assigned for it. So that you account can be credited for your share of the revenue.

You can assign URL channels to track and trace traffic, impressions and clicks on each of your hubs. Not to mention, you can signup for a Google Analytics account also. This will link your Google Adsense account with Google Analytics, and you'll get more detailed information about your hubs traffic, such as what search engine is driving traffic, what keywords people are using to find your hubs and more.

You do have limited control of the ads, but it would be best to read through much of the Adsense information. It's a complex process and can be confusing, but please take your time and learn at your own pace. smile

2. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

Don't worry about choosing ads - Hubpages automatically places the ads on your hub. Just make sure you enter the Adsense ID information under the "earnings" tab in your HP account.

The ads rotate: 40% of the time, the ads belong to HP and they get the revenue. 60% of the time, the ads belong to you, so you get the revenue: Adsense is click-based, so each click on an ad generates revenue (the amount is dependent upon the ad).

The Learning Center has some information on it, and there are some great hubs written by some very successful hubbers on how to increase revenue.

Congrats on getting approved for Adsense!

3. Delaney Knows profile image61
    Delaney Knowsposted 5 years ago

Thanks everyone! More reading and writing...and reading...and writing...I get it smile