Problem uploading image

1. profile image0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I uploaded a .png image while working on a hub, then decided to take it out and edit it a little by adding text.  I resaved it on my computer as a .png, but when I try to upload it now, it says it's an unrecognized file format.

I finally did it as a JPG, but that was pretty much not what I wanted, due to it not showing in a large size very well.  PNG's can span the post without any distortion, but JPG's cannot.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No matter what format you upload the image in, it will be converted to a JPG when it is re-sized to the various sizes that HubPages uses.  The original file will only be accessibly by clicking on the image, and then only if you have enabled that option in the photo capsule.  However, you should be able to upload PNG files.  If you could email the file that didn't work to team@hubpages, we'll try and figure out what the problem is.

JPG works well for photos, but unfortunately it doesn't work very well for graphics that have adjacent areas that contrast sharply (such as text on a plain background).  At the moment, all I can suggest is that you use the largest size original that you can (1000+ pixels wide be fine).

2. ARROWAY profile image58
    ARROWAYposted 8 years ago

HI

YOU MAY WANT TO TRY PDF...WITH A THUMBNIAL...(HERE)
    THAT IS WHAT I DO TO SUPER SIZE MY INTENDED IMAGE
                 CREATIVELY YOURS : ARROWAYNYC@YAHOO.COM

QUESTION....I JUST STUMBLED INTO "HUBPAGES" ...

IS THIS TRUE ?  TO JOIN ONE MUST HAVE 3 HUBPAGES MEMBERS TO REFER TO AS EXAMPLES OF WHAT THIER CONTENT IS GOING TO DISCUSS ONLINE ?

AND MOST OF ALL DOES THE WEBMASTER HAVE A TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CALL ?
    OR THEY WOULD RATHER NOT BE INTOUCH OTHER THAN EMAIL HELP ?

CREATIVELY PUZZLED AS IN (HOW TO): ARROWAYNYC@YAHOO.COM

working