jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

New Update Removes Products and Words from Hubs

1. brandonhart100 profile image83
    brandonhart100posted 5 years ago

I like the new update and I understand the reasoning behind it; however, in the past we were allowed to place up to 10 items in an Amazon capsule and then write about the products within those capsules. 

Those who had 10 products in their capsule will now find only 8 and any wording within the capsule... gone.  It seems like a heads up would have been nice... Am I the only one that thinks this to be the case?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This was an oversight, and has been fixed.  Unless you edited the capsule in the last day or so, all 10 products should be displayed again.

1. Aficionada profile image92
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You guys rock, Paul!!!

Thanks for all you are doing, especially in these last couple of weeks.  I can't imagine that any of y'all are getting any sleep at all.  Thanks for taking such good care of the site and of all of us.

2. brandonhart100 profile image83
        brandonhart100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul!  I'll try to go back as quick as possible and edit all of these to comply with your new regulations!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I have read that, but I don't believe that they mentioned that part of the update included removal of previously listed products and words that were written within those product capsules.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have had to update quite a few Hubs and so far I have not seen any of my words within my amazon capsules removed.

I agree when 

Personally I think this is Hubpages making sure that our Hubs do not become squidooish looking. The clean look of Hubpages rocks and I am more than happy to make any changes as needed.

Interesting to note that after going through a few I see that the Hubs where I rushed to throw some product up are the Hubs I need to edit.

Think of it as Spring cleaning!

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

You know they've only had a few days to figure out things. I don't see how a heads up could have been given. I probably have more revisions to make than most others and I'm fine with it.

They needed to make the changes quickly and get the word out asap. I think that they did a fine job.

I'm more concerned about the abruptness of a decision which actually removed work that I've done from my hubs that I can't get back. 

I'm not being critical of the changes and in fact after doing some research on my own, I had begun to make some of the exact changes to some of my hubs that they are now mentioning. 

Even a days notice would have been sufficient to me as I'm active here every day.  Now I need to go to every product hub I have and make sure things make "sense".  It just seems like a lot of unnecessary re-work.

I guess it's possible that the change was just that critical to how HP ranks in the SERP, but it seems like whether they changed this today or tomorrow or even Thursday it shouldn't have mattered that much.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

I'm sure that what every they did was absolutely necessary. The HubPages team has always been very fair with hubbers.

If it was that important I can only assume it was a suggestion from an outside source... otherwise a heads up isn't that big of a deal.  Either way I feel a bit left in the dark. 

I guess we'll see in the coming days if it makes any difference.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

and that alone would be enough reason to 'act now'. If HP has specific criteria they must fix, I'm thankful they're taking swift action. It's the business world, sometimes there is no time to wait.
    It will end up helping everyone.

6. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

It has meant some work, for me as well, but I am happy that writers can no longer just pop in a pile of product links and hope for the best.