Copyright Infringement

1. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

I sell items on another site and it has come up that certain things might be a violation of copyright infringement. The staff there really doesn't know as I have contacted them with this question, so here goes:

If you sell books, or other media on a site and copy the picture from say Amazon and then put in the description they have for the book whether it be from the back of the book, publishing houses, or a critic -- are you infringing on copyright law?

Some say it is out there for the public, but to me this is no more than copying something someone wrote and posting it on your own site. The description does state where it came from but still I feel it is a really gray area.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had a look around and found this forum thread which might help: … g=34871.25

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

Thanks SusanaS I think that is what I was looking for and just couldn't find it. I'm going to copy the part in the Amazon TOS and send it to the staff and see if they will fix this violation.

Right now the books and other media are being listed on this site with an Amazon picture, title, the description from Amazon and on, and on.