jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What are a few ways to enhance falling traffic hubs?

1. Walt Smith profile image61
    Walt Smithposted 6 years ago

Got a traffic falling icon, wondering how to put the spice back in it?

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You've only been here ten days so this is not surprising.

After a hub is published, you'll get internal views (from followers, the fact your hub is listed as new etc.)

After a few days these internal views will drop off. It will take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for search engines to pick up the hub, and then usually your search engine traffic will grow over time.

Some people say it takes 6-9 months for hubs to get their best traffic, while other, older members say that their hub traffic peaked after several years.

Here is an example of the growth of one of my hubs which is now over a year old:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/calala_red/40ways-1.jpg

Notice how it had very minimal traffic for the first six months.

Walt Smithposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the input. Man that's depressing!!!...W

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't be depressed! If you learn about SEO and keywords, you'll often find untapped niches that you can write about and earn well from in a matter of weeks - although these too will increase with time.

Look at it as goal - after six months you'll start to see some reasonable earnings from things you wrote now. So write as much as you can now - because you'll be glad you did by then!

Thanks, I'm thinking of writing a hub on time travel and jump to the future and see what I should be writing on. smile Appreciate the advice, Good luck, looking forward to heaaring from you in the future...W

1. profile image0
            peacefulparadoxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Funny you should say that "writing a hub on time travel and jump to the future"

I've already written one about time travel here ...
            <snipped link - do not promote your Hubs in the forums>

Maybe you can try it to see how it goes. smile

3. Monisajda profile image83
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

That's good to know and see on your chart. Thanks!

4. BlissfulWriter profile image85
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Personally I don't worry too much about those up/down falling traffic icons.  They seem to fluctuate up and down almost at random. 

In general if you want to increase traffic on a hub...   after a hub has been up for some time, go back and edit it by adding more content to it.  After it has time to sit, usually you can think up more things to say as time passed by. So just added to the hub to make it longer.  That tends to give your hub a little bit of new life.

Yeah I'm geting the point now, or lack there of. I am beginning to learn that you better be the patient sort. I appreciate your advice and will check out some of your hubs and add to the masses followng you. Good luck...W

5. Rebecca E. profile image86
    Rebecca E.posted 6 years ago

they have all made exceelent points, in many cases only now on my older hubs, which I have edited, is the traffic really increasing to each of them.  WritLit is correct, it does exactly that, but it is depressing I amsure.

Truly I am not that depressed, kinda goes with the way things have been going in my life...hurry up and wait. Thanks for taking the time to give an old hack some advice. I hope all is well with you and continues to be so far into the future, Good luck...W

working