jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the lifecycle I should expect with my hubs?

1. Adventure Colorad profile image88
    Adventure Coloradposted 5 years ago

I have not been on Hubpages very long, but I have already noticed a trend with my hubs.  The new hubs tend to get a fair number of views pretty quickly, I am assuming a lot of that has to do with hopping.  After a week or so, the number of views almost completely drops off.

Is it normal for most hubs to nearly cease getting views until it starts to get into the search engine?  And what does the trend toward more views look like.  Does it take weeks, or maybe months to get to where you are getting regular traffic from viewers other than fellow hubbers?

2. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

If you write evergreen content then it tends to take 6 months to start bringing in great traffic, and it can expect to bring in decent traffic for 3-4 years after that.

If you are going to write about a current affairs item, such as news, it will last about as long as the news story wink

3. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 5 years ago

It does take a while to get notice past Hubpage readers...but hang in there!  If you write good content, eventually it will get indexed by Google and other search engines and you will get more traffic.  Good luck and just keep writing!

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

A Hubpage staff member posted sometime back to say a hub reaches its optimum potential at around 3 years old. Quite a wait, but not to say you won't make money on it during the early year or two as well. Keep writing, it is an investment in the future.

1. Adventure Colorad profile image88
      Adventure Coloradposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very interesting, thank you for the responses.  I knew it would take awhile, but that is a little longer than I thought.  I figured by the time a couple years had gone by the hubs would have been pretty much forgotten.  I intend to continue writing, I came to hubpages mostly to write creatively, the chance to make some money is more an added plus to me rather than the total motivation.