jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Adsense ads

1. rrkommoju profile image60
    rrkommojuposted 5 years ago

I created my hub one weak back. But still it is under verification. No Adsense ads are appearing on my hub. Can any body suggest me why?

1. skyfire profile image74
      skyfireposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it's dupe content then i think you can't publish here anymore. Adsense has nothing to do against duplicate content (unless reported as plagiarism/DMCA issue) and you can validate this theory by checking any random auto-blog. Send email to staff-"team@hubpages.com" if your content is unique.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

There are a few possible reasons why you are not getting ads yet. My first thought is, are you from India or another similar country? Google is very hard to be approval from when you are a resident of these countries because of the poor English writing that can come from those countries. There are possible that your content is not showing ads because of duplicate content or other violations but without checking your work I cannot say if that is an issue.

3. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 5 years ago

Is it a fact that English writing skills of people from "India or similar countries" are are worse than those of other non-English speaking countries - say, Portugal, Spain or Czech Republic?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am simply pointing out how google works, they view countries like India as producing content with poor writing skills so people get denied in spite of brilliant writing because of their country of residence. I have seen the writing of members here from India that was brilliantly written who still were denied by google several times over, while some American writers get approved fast and write cr*p.

4. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 5 years ago

It is a fact that Google does not readily approve Adsense for some countries - including China and India.

However, the reasons for that are as secret as the Google algorithm - they have never came out with a list.

So, a lot of respected hubbers spout complete theories -

>> India and similar countries breed spammers (this statements sounds the most insulting - "breeding spammers" (??). As if in breeding dogs or horses for a purpose)

>> Indians and similar people have poor English skills

>> Indians are content thieves.

5. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Myth: Grammatically correct writing ranks high on search engine.

If it is so then why spun articles rank much higher in current search results after G update ? big_smile

6. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

The six-month AdSense waiting period for folks from India and other Asia countries has nothing to do with grammar - it's all about the number of spammers coming from there. And if your hub was published, you would see AdSense ads on it whether you had an AdSense account or not unless the hub talks about a subject that violates Google's TOS like gambling, drugs,etc.

Ads don't show up in a hub until it's published, which is probably why you aren't seeing them.

7. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Even 6 month criteria is myth(atleast for India). Anyone with their own domain name and content can get approval in few weeks.

Low value gigs in freelance/outsourcing market is the reason behind spam. I've seen few Brits/Aussies posting jobs on freelance market for setting up xrummer script on Indian/Philippines/Chinese servers. This is to get class C IP variation for backlinks. Same is the case with comment spam. I blame all the Asian freelance service providers for this mess. They accepted low value gigs like this from US/Brits/Aussie customers with the excuse of economy and outsourcing hype. I''m sure buyers will not hesitate to put tag of 'spammer' on them once they're done. I wonder who is the real spammer in this case. Magical World of Outsourcing.  wink

1. SiddSingh profile image61
      SiddSinghposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have hit the bull's eye, skyfire. I don't have the link right now, but I read that somewhere too. It was the result of an investigation by a marketing company (which did adwords campaigns for clients. It found that some people used to hire cheap labor from India to form whole webrings, with just one task all day - click on ads on a few sites. That, more than anything else, more than spam, is the reason Indian applicants have a hard time.