jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hubhopping improvements

1. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 5 years ago

I have spent a decent amount of time hubhopping recently.  There are a few trends in poor quality hubs that appear to be relatively easy to address.

1.  All picture hubs.  Are there any circumstances where this would be ok?  If not, then it would save hub-hoppers time if these were prohibited from being published to begin with. 

2.  Super short hubs with the maximum of 2 links outbound to the same domain.  This is probably someone who wants a backlink to their own website and doesn't want to put together an informative article. 

3.  Topics of concern 1 -  There appear to be an inordinate amount of FOREX experts writing hubs.  Are there many quality hubs about this topic that aren't really spam?  It may be worth considering a ban on this topic altogether - or requiring a manual review to make sure it is quality.

4.  Topics of concern 2 - Insurance hubs seem to be spammy as well.  I am sure there are good ones out there, but a lot of the ones ID'd via hopping seem to be sub-par. 

5.  Layout.  This is a harder topic to address, but there are a few things that flag a hub in my mind. 

A.  One block of text.  The hubber may be new and not know about the stylistic importance of adding multiple text blocks, etc, but many of the spam hubs come with one simple block of text as well. 

B. Font.  if everything is in bold, it looks like it was copied and pasted - poor design.

C. Lowercase in the title.  A lot of the poor hubs only have lowercase words in the title.  The really bad ones don't bother to capitalize even in the text blocks in the body.

D. Lack of spacing.  Many of the poor quality hubs fail to add spaces between the words in the title.  I don't know why as it seems to be an easy fix, but it is an indicator of poor quality.

What other indicators do you see?  Can any of these be dealt with programmatically?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

http://hubpages.com/topics/arts-and-des … essays/130

http://hubpages.com/topics/arts-and-des … essays/130

Are sections made for photos specifically.

As for the other suggestions - some are good but there have been many arguments in the past about how far the program should go before it's impeding on author's creativity and ease of use.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I too have been doing some hopping, and it looks as if a lot of the junk is thinning out. I certainly hope so. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I usually cruise the "latest" hubs, Earnest.  Unless HP starts giving a probation period for newbies to show they can add worthy content, we are merely beating our heads against the wall.

I still find so much junk it's getting frustrating.  Seriously thinking about jumping ship at this point.  Isn't this what caused the big Google slap to begin with?  smile

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

lack of profile image is a good sign of a spam account.

it would be a hard step to automate, so it really should be made a requirement of publishing even one hub.