jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Feel bad about stolen hub? Wait till you see this!

1. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago
  2. ns1209 profile image41
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

Woah! That is a mix between cool and scary.  He must be pleased so many see his photo but annoyed many use it without paying even after being notified.

3. WoodsmensPost profile image72
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

That was interesting. Should we be watermarking more frequently than some of us do for personalized photos?

4. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

@ns1209,

Its more scary than cool, not to mention frustrating, when you realize that the thieves must have made a bunch of money on his picture.

@WoodmensPost,

That's a good idea, plus make your images low resolution.

5. ns1209 profile image41
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

I know that, but like he said in the video - millions have seen his art (I know he got little in return!) and they would not have otherwise.  The street art and symbol for freedom is OK and he says that in the video.

What's wrong is others making lots of money from it like large companies selling clothes, the person in Holland selling his art and one person even passed off the photo as their own!

But it is an incredible story and I reckon he might be able to make some money out of it, selling to papers and magazines and maybe even having lawsuits against the big companies that violated his work. Plus, he would then get quite famous! smile

working