jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Is Hubbing Even Worth It Anymore?

1. stockfx profile image61
    stockfxposted 5 years ago

Although my overall Hub traffic hasn't been affected with Google's latest algorithm change, I haven't had much motivation to continue writing.

Has anyone had any positive experiences with newly published Hubs?

Thanks in advance.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps your lack of motivation is coming from a place other than anything to do with HubPages.

Newly published Hubs bring immediate responses from the HP community to the writer who has developed a following on HP.

How you get there and where you take it from there is up to you.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You've been here 4 months. Meaning you've not given enough time for almost every aspect of being here.

But, to answer your question- Yes! Absolutely! smile

1. 0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it's an individual result of experiences.  Example I have had yet another hub removed that ran for half a year last year with the addition of 2 photos, but mistakes happen, and we or I cross the line, seldom knowing so [please take note of that]

I agree though it has been hard to keep motivated but then it passes and this place magically gets me through some pretty tough times, ie; this week.

So it comes and goes and a break can never be a bad thing

Hope it gets feeling better soon smile

3. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

people are still reading me and getting something out of it. My hubs aren't big earners anyway, and money wasn't my original reason for writing (although it is a nice bonus).   One of my more popular hubs has just had a dramatic increase in traffic & comes up on page 1.  It has never earnt money though.

Those that were getting big payouts that no longer are may think it's not worth it anymore, or maybe they'll just change their strategy?

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just got position one for my latest hub keywords instantly!
        Not sure how many people are searching for "fourteen chickens " though! smile

1. RedElf profile image87
          RedElfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile - how did you know that's exactly what I was looking for?!!

Seriously though, writing here is absolutely worthwhile - reminds me of that old orange juice commercial - a day without HubPages is like a day without sunshine!

4. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you haven't already, you can also start an enriching and empowering path to writing by joining HubPages. sad

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"Is Hubbing Even Worth It Anymore?"

That very question will be presented to the jury after I see how the new ad program does. As things currently stand, AdSense just ain’t making it…smile

3. workingmomwm profile image84
    workingmomwmposted 5 years ago

I'd say it depends on what motivates you. It's worth it to me to continue because I enjoy the writing and the community here.

I get almost no outside traffic, and my Google earnings, if you can call them that, are almost non-existent - but they are picking up. And at least my traffic's staying steady.

If you're looking for major income here, though, you're most likely going to be disappointed.

4. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 5 years ago

I say it is worth hubbing.  These changes have had little to no affect on my traffic (maybe even helped some of my hubs), and hubpages has a great layout, making it easy to earn.

5. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

HubPages is also an excellent place to learn things that you can use in other locations on the web.  Here you can become a better writer, a better publisher, better at marketing and SEO, and better in dozens of ways. 

I honestly believe the change in traffic and income will correct itself over time; but even if it doesn't, I believe that Hubbing and participating in the community offer benefits that are hard to measure.  Here we can take a free "course" in the finer points of online publishing.  And, like most stories about success, our own degree of success depends largely on what we put into it.  In HubPages, we can learn how.

6. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

you may not be reaping the monetary rewards from your Hubpages articles as yet,but this is a good online platform to show possible customers who may want you to write for them.

phew!that was along sentence! wink

1. Midnight Oil profile image91
      Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need to have a lie down after that...

Totally agree, I have added my Hub pages to my portfolio in the 'real' world...