jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Anyone know if visitor boost is legal to advertize on for my hubpages

1. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

Anyone know if visitor boost is legal to advertize on for my hubpages, I dont want to get into trouble with hubpages or with google adsense, and just got around to reading the newbie stuff on adsense, and I am not sure if it says yeah or neay to it.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I'd err on the side of caution and say no.

Why? Because Google doesn't like link farms/link exchanges. And that sounds like it's bordering on one.

1. profile image0
      Multimanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You pay to buy pop under ads for your site on various sites throughout the world.  Is that legal?  In the meantime I am erring on the side of caution.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can buy advertising you cannot by traffic. If your advertising converts to traffic that's great but it would be better spent on advertising your own website and not your hubs.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Google AdSense does not accept buying traffic, either.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

False

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

those are community forums and no staff response exists so would never be useful as a source of evidence.

the traffic buys the forums you linked to describe would be a violation but are not the same as the traffic buy described by the op.

the distinction is in terminology, not principle

I would consider the visitorboost program to be against adsense TOS and in turn not of any use for an HP publisher.

The OP described it poorly and should most likely not being pursuing any paid traffic at this point.

2. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was under the impression that it was not allowed too. This from the Adsense Program Policies:

To ensure a positive experience for Internet users and Google advertisers, sites displaying Google ads may not:

* Use third-party services that generate clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, autosurf and click-exchange programs.

Not that I would ever used paid traffic services, mind you, but did I misunderstand?

2. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago

false

if more specific phrasing was used, then sometimes

this service is described in this thread as purchasing pop under ads. Buying ads to promote a site is not disallowed.

1. lrohner profile image85

What is a "pop under" ad? Is that those banners that you roll your mouse over and they expand?

its an ad designed to circumvent pop up blockers.

the least annoying ones usually look like footer toolbars. They are the windows that appear "behind" your current window and you often dont notice until you close your current window.

when you suddenly hear annoying videos playing and you dont see them - thats usually a pop under

1. lrohner profile image85

As I was reading your explanation, all I could think of was those NetFlix "pop under" ads I seem to get all the time. smile

Thanks!

3. profile image0
      Multimanposted 6 years ago

Yes, it purchases ads, pop under ads specifically, that promote a site, they have to click the ad, if they dont click the ad, they are not sent to the site, just like a pop up ad in that respect.  I think I will stay away from it for now.  They do not stop showing the ad until a specific number of the ads are clicked.

working