jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

A question about Google.

1. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I just did a search using my hubpages username, and I came up with a link to one of my questions at Webanswers, and, it is kind of an adult oriented question, somewhat involving gay sex.

My question is, is there a way for me to get that link removed? or to have it rank lower in the Google search? I'm actually not even sure how it got there. But, it ranks higher in the search than my hubpages links. It seems like almost every forum post you make. and every answer you give ends up in the Google search.

The man reason I am worried about this, is because the search also links to my real name, and every website I belong to. I thought that kind of information was confidential?

I want the link removed. How do I go about doing that?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Anything you place anywhere on the internet that ISN'T specifically marked as "confidential" will probably be crawled at some time or another by Google.

The only thing you can do is be more careful in future, and go back and delete answers/content from any site where you'd prefer it not to be.

Edit: This article may help: http://www.squidoo.com/personalInformation

3. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

Thanks. That is a lot of information to take in. I'll have to spend a while studying it. It hasn't had much of an effect yet. But, I'm sure it will eventually.

4. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 5 years ago

If it's any relief, you'll probably be the only person who ever does a search for brimancandy.