jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Requesting help interpreting rejection

1. SLBigelow profile image60
    SLBigelowposted 5 years ago

Hello everyone, I am very new here at HubPages and find myself stuck on how to proceed with my first hub, which was not accepted for publication.

The comment I received was, "A substantial portion of the content on this hub appears in other pages". Upon seeing this, I searched my topic for other pages of similarity, and could not find any.

So my question is...if my content and photos are all original, and I could not find another hub addressing my topic, then how do I proceed with the editing? If what I've submitted isn't up to HP standards, I can accept that very well, but I'm feeling confused as to what exactly I'm supposed to fix.

Thank you Hubbers in advance for any suggestions, I very much appreciate it.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Your best course of action would be to contact admin for further clarification, as they will be able to see the Hub-in-progress.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It says that a substantial portion of your hub is located in other places. That means, duplicate content. If it is already on the Internet and you copy a portion of it into a hub, then it will not be published, until you make it original content.

That means you can quote some things from other sources, but you must write more, so the content of your hub, like 95% is original.

With new rules being applied, no duplicate content will be published. They prefer 100% original content, but even a solidly researched hub, might have quotes of other people in it. wink

4. SLBigelow profile image60
    SLBigelowposted 5 years ago

...*choir singing*...

Thank you for the replies...Cagsil, I didn't realize that I couldn't use content I had previously shared on another site. The writing is a bit different, but the photos are the same. While I certainly have been reading the rules and FAQ's, there is a lot of information to take in, and I didn't register that particular rule here in my humble beginnings on the site. Now I know!
    Thank you smile

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Maybe this can help. It's new. wink