jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What would you do?

1. Lupozee profile image61
    Lupozeeposted 5 years ago

you order chinese take away and the driver says its £27.80 but the shop owner said £77.80.  The receipt that came with the food said £27.80,

you ask the driver "are you sure £27.80?" for bags of food!!! the driver says "Yea" you give £30 and let him keep the change.  (big grins all round as you just saved  £50 smile

10 minutes later you hear a knock on the door........... you know it the driver has come back for the £50!!!

Who is the wrong?
    the take away who said £27.80 and had it written on the receipt
    the people who accepted the food for £27.80 knowing that it should be £77.80

2. 60
    ShortStoryposted 5 years ago

I would ask him what that funny symbol in front of the numbers was.

3. Karanda profile image85
    Karandaposted 5 years ago

Anyone with a conscience! Someone made a mistake at the cash register, did the delivery guy know? The person who received the food knew full well the amount was wrong.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I would have kept the money years ago.

But realising that the people who work in shops are poorly paid, and get into trouble for till mistakes and so on - I'd be honest.

1. Lupozee profile image61
      Lupozeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well we didnt give him the £50 as it was the owners fault for writing and giving the wrong receipt but the next day we went to the shop and showed the owner the box so he wouldnt "tell off" his driver for a mistake that the owner made.

5. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Me too, years ago I would have said too bad so sad.... but knowing nowadays that the workers must pay for these mistakes (even if it was the owner's fault) and how ppl need money so bad these days, I would have given it to him. That's just me, I can understand you not paying the 50 (pounds?) Like I said, if the economy wasn't so hard on us I would have kept the money. He did put it in writing, after all.