jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

word counter in text capsule

1. Ms Chievous profile image80
    Ms Chievousposted 5 years ago

With the new rule of having 50 words per eBay/ Amazon product  it would be helpful if each text capsule had a word counter of its own. Just a thought!

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that would just lead to confusion among the hubbers. You don't need to put 50 words directly written about each product. Your hub just needs to contain the equivalent of 50 words per each product displayed. So if you want to display 10 Amazon products at the end of your hub, you just need to make sure that your hub is 500 words long, and we already have a word count in place for the whole hub.

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I could have missed something, but the word counter was under the Hub's 'statistics' when I last looked, and that often takes quite a long while to gather statistics, like w/c or any at all.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The word count total already satisfies this need.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

I think it's a great idea. I'm getting tired of the continued voicing of the concern that things would confuse other hubbers. Maybe more people should learn to read and study the learning center.

The word count is available in my wordpress sites and I do find it very useful. Sometimes it's nice to pace your writing and it helps to know how many words are working their way down the page.

Yes, I can live without it. I pretty much know what 50 words look like after the past few day. But sometimes I want to divide the copy in blocks of say 200 and it is helpful.

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are right about that, Nelle! I take back what I said. smilesmile

4. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

If you really want to break your text down into chunks (and have a word count for each chunk), then one solution is to copy & paste the relevant text into Word, and do a word count with the text still highlighted.

Or just write your hub in Word first, and do your word count as you go along.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

There are a lot of ways to accomplish the task. A word counter in the text box is by far the easiest. I was really just objecting to the fact that someone was suggesting that we shouldn't have it simply because it might confuse people.