jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

[Stupid Question]Where are these mysterious clicks coming from?

1. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

I have been receiving clicks I can not account for through Adsense and it is driving me nuts.  I am pretty certain I have,at the very least, every domain/subdomain my ads could possibly appear on tracked  but there still seem to be regular clicks showing up for sites that I apparently don't know about.

I know, big complaint, you can't even keep track of where your money is coming from.  But obviously I want to make sure all of my content is always complying with Google's rules and having a site I seem to have forgotten about that is seeing semi-regular attention is worrisome!

Is there any way I can track back where all of my adsense code is placed, or is this a fool's errand?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

Umm, how about using allowed sites tab? Limiting the sites to whatever your url channels cover, and then checking in a week or so what "violating" sites it shows?

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What Misha said, and then if you do get clicks on sites you've not listed it will actually show you were they're coming from (though you won't be getting earnings from them, but at least it'll narrow it down, maybe even save your butt if someone has just scraped your content whole including your Publisher ID and put it somewhere unsavoury).

3. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

That's a great idea, thanks guys.