jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

My monitor cuts out - anyone have any idea why?

1. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

After I've been working for from 30 min to 2 hours my monitor will suddenly flash off - and then when I turn it on and off it flashes off again - I have to wait 20 min or so before it will come back on, but then it is fine.  Do I need a new monitor?  Is it some glitch in software?  I've had this one (HPw1907) for a couple years and it started doing this about 2 months ago.  It drives me nuts because it seems like it does it always just as I'm doing something important!  but, on the other hand, it forces me to take a break, which is a good thing.  Has anyone got any idea why and how long before the thing just won't work anymore?  Should I just go buy a new monitor?  Thanks for any help on this, I'm going nutsyer than ever!  and this is also why I haven't been posting much in the forums lately - H E L P!

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Connect/reconnect the connections a bunch of times to remove any oxidation build-up.

A long shot, but what the hey. smile

Power off of course.

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did this twice, but I will try again - maybe I'll brush off the connectors too.  Thanks!

3. paradigmsearch profile image89

And does it have a reset button? Jab that a bunch of times for the same reason. smile

1. mega1 profile image79

It has an on/off button, but no reset, as far as I know!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm afraid the darn thing is just wearing out.  I'm lucky it still works most of the time, though!

4. barryrutherford profile image30
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

Mine does something like that but it is programmed to do that to save power when I walk away,

1. mega1 profile image79

I know what you mean - this is not that, because it happens even while I am working on it.

5. paradigmsearch profile image89

barry might be on to something. Something may have gotten tangled up. Reset all settings back to default and take it from there.

working