jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

links to Amazon not working

1. mathair profile image72
    mathairposted 5 years ago

i've set up my Amazon account and i have put some items on my Hubs but after two weeks Amazon is telling me that I dont even have any clicks through!  (I tried clicking on the items myself and it still said the same). I use the code from the top of the amazon page and paste it where it says URL - is this correct?

Also Google is still saying account pending after 2 weeks - is this normal?

Thank you for any help

2. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

first off-don't click on your own ads. I know this is true for Google and I'm guessing Amazon might not like it much either.

I went to one and looked and your Amazon link worked just fine. Just because you don't show clicks on your account, doesn't mean its not working just means readers aren't clicking and then buying. With Amazon, they do not show each clcik, they go by whether the item was purchased. They call it 'referrals'

It takes time to make money so just be patient. Check out others' hubs that have tips on where to place your Amazon capsules.

To place the link to the product you want, you can go to the product's specific page and use the address in your adress bar to copy/paste into the capsule after you have clicked "choose specific products" Or you can right click on the blue lettering of the product and copy/paste that way too.

And make sure you check the junk folder of the email acct you used to sign up with Google. It can take a little while for them to send it but sometimes it gets missed.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Clicking on your own Amazon links doesn't matter.

It's the Adsense, Ebay and Kontera ones which must be avoided.

But if a person is in doubt, then it is better to err on the side of caution.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Are you talking about the URL of the Amazon product? If so, yes, copy and paste into the Amazon capsule.

Many hubbers have noticed a decrease in Amazon clicks since the Google change. There are numerous threads now in the forums about traffic problems and changes to HP layout. This is an official HP announcement thread if you haven't seen it. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/69780

Two weeks isn't very long to start seeing traffic and clicks, so yes, it is not abnormal to not see any action yet.

As far as your AdSense question, I'm not sure if it's taking longer at this time.

Welcome to HP!

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

Obama is destroying the internet.  Soon broken links will be the least of your problems.

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 5 years ago

Have you added your Amazon Associates ID to this page: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

6. Tyler Bracken profile image86
    Tyler Brackenposted 5 years ago

If in doubt just mail amazon and get them to check the link is working AND that the commission is coming to you... When I first started I made a few sales for amazon but they were not tracked. They just said "oh! sorry about that!" "we could have checked them if you had asked.." mail them and have them check them if in doubt.