jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

New Rules RE: Duplicate Content--

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

At the top of the "my account" page now appears a box outlining the general new policy about duplicated content.  The penultimate statement is:

"To see warnings for your hubs, please click on the title of the individual hubs below. The duplicate content rule is effectively immediately."

I would like to know:

1) Is this generically placed on everyone's 'my account' page, or only if there are issues with that hubber's content?

2) Does this mean that we must click on on each and every title in our account to determine if such a warning is present?  If so, this would be a very time consuming process, especially for those of us who have over 100 hubs!

3) Do we expect to find, instead, some kind of indicator marker or notation on the 'my account' article list IF a duplicate content hub has been found?!

Please clarify. If #2 is the case, that is an onerous burden to place on us hubbers.  Since I write from what I know, my writing comes from inside my own head. I never copy, unless it is a small excerpt with a properly attributed quote.

Sometimes I do articles which require research, but I seek out reliable sources, and I don't have time to search the entire Internet looking for a post that may or may not already exist!

Please clarify. This very confusing directive as it stands.

Thank you.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I  am pretty sure the articles will be flagged that are duplicates. I had to go into a few of mine to take out some of my amazon adds but each individual hub that I needed to do that on was flagged.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
        Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So sorry for my previous answer....I just checked mine and have been going through each one ....Ah finally done!  Yes you have to go to each hub separately.

2. Edweirdo profile image95
      Edweirdoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm 90% sure that the duplicate flag will appear in "my account" but the Amazon warning will not - for the Amazon ones you will need to review each one (or wait until the cutoff date and see which ones are unpublished)

This seems to correspond to the official notices from the staff here on the forum.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

1) everyone's
    2) yes
    3) they hinted at some point they may get to it, but not now

3. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Yup, we all have these warnings and I can certainly sympathize as I have over 200 hubs, and it took me about 3 hours this evening to go through them and correct some problems with Amazon ads...

Hopefully, not many of your hubs will need adjustments.  Best of luck smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What a major PITA!   Well, in that case, I'm not going to worry about it.  I have not copied anything from anywhere in the first place.

I have enough other things on my plate right now to bother combing through each and every hub.  If iany get "unpublished," which I think is highly unlikely, I'll deal with it at that point.

4. ravko profile image60
    ravkoposted 5 years ago

I don't understand what I'm looking for I went into all my hubs which is only 6 (thank goodness), but they all look the same as they did a few weeks back, is there suppose to be something on the hub itself telling me what needs to be fixed or do I just guess...I'm so confused, I didn't want to start a new topic so hopefully an answer will come through here, no point in duplicating the forum topic...Thanks a million

1. CASE1WORKER profile image86
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

underneath the title is a little black box which will tell you if you are violating the new rules- just go into each hub and check