jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

My hub

1. Man Child profile image61
    Man Childposted 6 years ago

Hello, all.  This is my first forum post and I hope I'm not stepping on any protocol or anything, but I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind giving me a critique.  I promise to be generous with my critiquing as well, once I'm a little more acclimated to the process. Anyway, thanks in advance!

http://hubpages.com/t/22231f

2. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 6 years ago

You are posting this in exactly the right place  and on a normal day I would pop over and have a look at it. 

Just at the moment though there is a nasty virus in one or some of the ads that might appear on your hub and I for one am not opening any hubs (including my own) until after the weekend when Hubpages staff have hopefully killed it.

Welcome to Hubpages and don't let this put you off - it will get sorted soon I am sure.

Man Childposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for the reply.  As it happens, my hub is about avoiding computer viruses, so in a way, you're adhering to the spirit of it without ever having read it.  Creepy, right?

1. recommend1 profile image71
        recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am the 7th child of a 7th child so what else would you expect big_smile

3. Man Child profile image61
    Man Childposted 6 years ago

Anyone wanna have a look?

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

You need to lengthen the size of the first text capsule - this will move the big google ad up for better visibility.

You need more tags - around 10-12 for a hub this size is common.

Some pictures wouldn't hurt - they break up the big block of text.

"If you're afraid of losing yoru password" has a problem...

Consider breaking up step 3 into more paragraphs.  Online readers skim more than they actually read, and short paragraphs help keep their attention.  Large blocks of text turn off most online readers.  It is, in many ways, a very different way of writing and not one your high school english teacher would approve of.

Overall, a very good job for an early hub.  Well done!

Man Childposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the suggestions.  I will be in edit mode tonight, after work!

working