Ability to Disable Comments with Deleting Existing Comments

1. BlissfulWriter profile image85
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

I would like the ability to disable comments on older Hubs.  But right now, the only way is to remove the comment module from the Hub.  This also removes the existing comments.

Ability to disable new comments without removing existing comments would be a good feature to add.  Wordpress has this feature.

I wrote about how when Hub increases, comment moderation does not scale: http://hubpages.com/t/221856

One way around the fact that we get too much comments is to disable comment on older hub and enable comments only for newly publish Hubs. 

That is why Wordpress also the feature where there is an option to automatically disable comments on article older than 14 days.  Although this automatic feature is not absolutely needed here, the feature for a Hubber to manually go in and disable new comments for each individual Hub would be sufficient.

2. weblog profile image60
    weblogposted 5 years ago

You can do it even now, edit the hub and see the options given in comments capsule. There's a new option that does exactly what you look for.

1. BlissfulWriter profile image85
      BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh yeah.  You are right.   The feature is there.  I must have missed it earlier.  Thanks.