jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Japan Volcano?!?! Is this for real?!?!?!

1. kirstenblog profile image76
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

This isn't even being reported on the 24 news channel, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthp … 188ba0%2C0

[img]

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Yours truly predicted this...

3. kirstenblog profile image76
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

It is too sad sad

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

Thought this was an interesting article.
    "Behind the Hydrogen Explosion at the Fukushima Nuclear Plant"

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/03/12-3

5. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

There is a video of the volcano erupting on this article. The experts seem to think that the eruption could have been triggered by the earthquake, and also that they are predicting an aftershock almost to the same magnitude of the original quake. I agree with the article - hasn't poor Japan suffered enough?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … nough.html

1. superwags profile image80
      superwagsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that the Mail be a little light on facts there (for a change!), I think this series on eruptions has been going on for a while

1. CMHypno profile image88
        CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apparently the volcano erupted yesterday, for the second time this year. Don't think that even the Daily Mail would make this up at a time like this, its not like there isn't enough other news coming out of Japan. The volcano may be in south-western Japan, but the whole country is on the same fault line of seismic and volcanic activity

1. superwags profile image80
          superwagsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The article does manage to completely ignore that this has been erupting for the past 2-3 months and people had been evacuated as long ago as January! Maybe I'm just being pedantic, but this does seem like rather a big peice of information to make clear!

6. superwags profile image80
    superwagsposted 6 years ago

My understanding is that this volcanic eruption happened a month or so ago. It's nowhere near the earthquake epicentre, on a different island off the south coast I think. That'll be why news 24 isn't picking it up!

It wouldn't be a surprise to see increased volcanic activity though. Incredible picture; looks like the destruction of Soddom and Gomorrah.

7. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I will be surprised if Japan rebuild using uranium again. I just put up a hub on thorium as an alternative, I also have some good news on the fallout.
    My heart goes out to our Japanese friends. It takes a hell of a long time to rebuild the infrastructure and as for power supply I can't see them waiting around a year or two to rebuild on this now contaminated site.

working