jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Google Shifts Towards Content Creation --- Buys Next New Networks

1. jaymelee23 profile image66
    jaymelee23posted 5 years ago
    1. tritrain profile image77
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Guess who's content will be at the top of the search results...

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Did I understand that to mean "content creation" on YouTube?

Either way........

3. jaymelee23 profile image66
    jaymelee23posted 5 years ago

I'm thinking that Google will create in house professional videos for YouTube. I think that is what the article is referring to when it mentions "content." I thought at first that content was referred to as articles until I spent the past 15 minutes reading other news articles. I could be wrong though. Read this Tech Crunch article: http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/17/next-n … on-rumors/

4. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I'll have to wait to read the article at another time, but I do agree that "content" probably refers to video content, not written content.

Here's a quick thought - my reaction to what I skimmed earlier:

People everywhere love YouTube.  It's ranked third- or fourth-most-searched of ALL sites on the internet.  One reason it's so popular is because it's so accessible to everyone (for posting).

If Google starts cramping YouTube's style by downgrading the rank of user-generated content there, it will (I believe) cause an enormous backlash against Google.  People don't necessarily want to see the most professional videos on YouTube.  They want the ones that could have been put there by their neighbor or grandson.

Maybe a backlash would be good, though.  Maybe it would help to revise the power of the almighty G.

[Is Google in danger of becoming a video-content-farmer?]

5. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

This is very, very interesting news. I will have to check NNN out.

Videos are where it is at, I'm wondering where Hubpages is at. Because I have big plans involving video.