jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Review score

1. PeterFry profile image60
    PeterFryposted 8 years ago

I accept a revue could be done on a site that uses info already in the public domain but if the site is part of a whole informational package that someone is putting together in a particular niche, I think its unfair to punish the site with a low score. It should be considered on the basis that is part of a series.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Hi Peter:

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  Are you referring to the duplicate penalty to Hubscore?

3. crashcromwell profile image81
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

I have a similar question, if I understood the original question. A while ago, I got one of those chain mail emails with a series of very poignant photographs related to the war in Iraq. Rather than pass it along to people in my email contacts, I decided to create a hub, figuring that more people would read it as a hub than would read it as an email. It turned out, I was right. Since I published it, this has been one of my most popular hubs. Yet, because it was not original copy, my hubscore has always been very low.

This kind of bothered me, so over time I have written some supplementary material on the same theme, this time original material. Most recently, yesterday, I wrote captions under each photograph, describing the way each photo makes me feel. Despite these additions, the hub score remains at or near the bottom of all my hubs.

So my question is, once a hub has been determined to be non-original, is it forever labeled such, and doomed to a low hub score? Or can a hub be re-evaluated?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you'd like a manual review of the number of duplicates of a given text, you can email me with the link.  (For high numbers of duplicates, there should appear an option to request a review directly on the hub itself.)