So, was hub camp worth it???

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

Yes, I think so. I am much more confident that I am on the right track. I am reassured about the future of hub pages (what a nice, solid bunch of people). I learnt some things I didn't know and I met other hubbers. All in all, if you get the chance to go to hub camp, it's a great idea.

I did write a hub about what I learnt in case you're interested, but essentially, we covered most of what I am already applying. That wasn't the big thing so much as getting it reaffirmed and learning the couple of new things that make the world of difference!!!

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Did they touch on any of the recent HP changes and/or the Google smackdown?

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, we asked.

They're working round the clock to fix it up. They're not sure about keeping the RSS and news capsules because they tend to repeat things that aren't unique. The most important thing is for articles to be unique. They need us to hub hop as they have a massive job getting rid of stuff that is gumming the works, and it's better that we err on the side of caution than let something go.

Also, the new money making ads have been around for a while, only those companies weren't willing to pay hubbers direct, so HP had to find a way of doing the division themselves. They've figured it out now.

They're waiting to see how the first lot goes, to see if it works. When it's sure that everything is going smoothly, the rest of us will get it. They may be long before June, but they don't want to commit themselves in case there are kinks. So, latest, we'll all have it by June.