jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

(another) overly promotional question

1. dineane profile image84
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

does the two link rule apply to your own hubs on hubpages? I started adding a links capsule with links to some of my other related hubs but then I started thinking....hmmmm...

2. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

You can do that. It is not against the rules. smile

3. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

The limit for the amount of other hubs you can link to, including yours or/and other hubs is unlimited!!wink

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's mostly true, but at some point an excessive number of links to anywhere may start to hurt your score.  Unless your hub is a acting as a table of contents of sorts, I'd suggest limiting yourself to no more than 10-12 links to other hubs.  The best way to do it (for your readers and for search engines) is to link important phrases right in the text of your hub to other relevant hubs.  I've seen a few examples where Hubbers had dumped literally hundreds of links to their other hubs at the bottom of every one of their hubs.  Don't do that!

4. dineane profile image84
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

thanks, everyone! I think my use will be okay then. I'm certainly not looking at that many links...at most 3 or 4 to other relevant hubs.

Paul, I'll have to experiment and see if it works better to have the links in the text or in a link capsule. I'm still learning, but I thought I might see if my hubs with more traffic might help the lower traffic hubs on similar topics if I added the links near the bottom.

Thanks again!

5. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up Paul!wink I will have to go back to a few of my hubs, which have about 16 max hub links and reduce to 12!wink Good advice!

@dineane, I forgot to add "Don't forget to include your (tracker)"..to find the details if you dont know the info is here at Hupages help section http://hubpages.com/faq/#affiliate

Or a hub which details it more by fellow hubber darkside How_HubPage_Tracking_Works

PS, I have never used the links capsule so i cannot advise! but you have the choice to use either!smile