jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

Grouping Hubs

1. 0
    cvaughn570posted 8 years ago

I have been grouping my hubs for quite some time. I have recently noticed that it is not working properly. When you uncheck the group so that the group name does not display on the hub, it still displays on the hub. I have made sure to sign out and check it that way too. I have also redone it to make absolutely sure that I pressed save and it has not helped.

Anyone else notice this lately?

Thanks,
    Carol

2. Marian Swift profile image59
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

I've actually had the same thing happen in reverse -- when I want the name to appear, it doesn't!

3. 0

Whew, glad it is not just me!

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Hubs are cached for 5 minutes, for viewers who are not logged in, which may explain why when you change your settings and log out to look at your page, you're seeing the old version.

If you're having a problem with a specific group not displaying as it ought to (after a window of time to allow the changes to show up), leave your settings as is and send an email to team@hubpages.com with a link to at least one of the hubs where it is displaying incorrectly.

5. Marian Swift profile image59

Makes sense.  Many thanks, Maggie!

6. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

hehe.. Maggie smile

7. Marian Swift profile image59

Aaargggh ... I mean Maddie!!!

roll

(I think I got the "thanks" part right ...)

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Happens more frequently than you'd think.  For some reason people just see "g" where they want to... People also don't like to pronounce my last name correctly.  It's a homophone for "rude."

8. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

yup smile you did smile

9. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

I guess she and I are similar when it comes to visualizing your name ... smile

I used to think you were Maddie Rudd... smile I saw Ruud, but thought Rudd.

10. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 8 years ago

When I see Maddie Ruud I don't see Mad and Rude, I see Sweet and Polite.

11. 0

Thank you Maddie! big_smile

12. Marian Swift profile image59

Thanks for being so gracious, Maddie (for like the billionth time, I'm sure).

I thought your last name might sound something like "ru-wood" or, maybe rhyme with "hood."  Good to know the right way!

13. Ryan Hupfer profile image77
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

I'm proud to say that Maddie sits next to me in our office....never a dull moment I tell ya. smile

Maybe we should have a Forum for the 'Hubs that make Maddie laugh out loud'...from what I've seen in just 3 days working here, that could get pretty interesting.

working