Hubpages Slap - How many naughty hubs do you have ?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Dale Nelson profile image40
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Hi All,

Thank my lucky paws I checked my mail today. Hubpages Staff team must be properly tired after reading so many hubs.

I got a mail from ,a rather exhausted I am sure, hubpages team to the effect of,

Ok, so you have some hubs which do not stand up to our new rules. They are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
    Bad naughty hubber.

Go and remove your excess amazon capsules or you will write 100 times on the chalkboard.
    I promise to add 50 words of content for every amazon capsule.

If not you have x days to comply or they shall be banished form hubland never to be seen again unitl you come across them perhaps in www( wild and wacky web).

So, new "hub-undo-challenge" it is. 10 hubs in 10 days (by 25 March).

How are you doing in the hubpages slap?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No slaps yet, but I have cut back some Amazon listings in the past few days. Oddly enough, my Amazon sales are now up.

1. katiem2 profile image60
        katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol me too!

2. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been editing mine.  Removing some Amazon products and more info.

Little by little.

3. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I edited mine so only two were in need of fixing.

2. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I started editing mine before I got the email.  I caught probably 7-8 at least before the email listing another 10-12.  I have successfully edited almost all of my 300+ hubs in the last 4 days. 

I was primarily checking Amazon capsules and removing News capsules.  Next, I want to work on some of the things I learned at HubCamp.

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, KCC. I'm going at it slowly.  Working 12 hour shifts is taking most of my time the past 2 days!!

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I never got an email.  I spent much of Sunday going through every one, removing Amazon capsules, adding text and removing RSS feeds.  All of mine were corrected to bring them into compliance with the new policy before that email was ever sent.

Nor do I feel like I've been slapped by HubPages.

4. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I only had one and it was objectively awful so I guess that was fair.

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

That's very funny- I luv that shit!
    j/k
    I had like 10 or 12 which I'm done fixing.

6. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I havent got the mail yet, probably because I have so many lol

Dunno, prob 60-100 need Amazon capsules reduced, many more with newsfeeds to be removed. I am working through them slowly, but no rush.

7. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I just got my e.mail.  I had 7 Hubs and deleted Amazon capsules on them.   They also had news feeds.(Actually, I don't know what I was thinking when I did them.  New at the time, I guess, maybe.  hmm)  My earnings on here have always primarily been Ad Sense anyway.  I have other things I want to do (on my own) with several Hubs, but it's going to take a lot longer than the five minutes it took to deal with those 7 I was notified about.  hmm

8. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

I have four that need to have Amazon ads reduced -- no problem there smile.

That said, about half of my hubs were duplicates that I'd cross-posted from some of my other writing accounts on other sites, primarily because the search engines weren't finding them on other sites. I've been rewriting these like crazy even though past stuff for duplicate doesn't seem to be a huge problem yet, I expect it will be -- no way I could get all THOSE done in ten days, so must get ahead of the curve tongue.

Now I'm off to bring my four ad-overloaded hubs into compliance.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've had a handful of duplicates that I did, and I still have quite the bunch of stolen "duplicates"  mad   I deleted the ones I could take care of immediately, but I have a couple that I need to think about what I'm going to do with them (if anything) before deleting them.

Other than that, I"m just going to wait for any future word from HP about any new changes/rules/policies, etc.   (Good thing it's "OK" to have duplicates that are stolen; because at this point, I've got so many stolen ones I can't even deal with it.  I've just written them all off as "apparently hopelessly up for grabs"). I  just hope my earnings (based on the weekend's essentially eradicating most of them) recover one way or another.

9. K9keystrokes profile image82
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

I have been going over several hubs this past week and reducing amazon and increasing word count. I got an email today from HubPages to fix 2 hubs that had an amazon capsule at the very top. I must have gotten all of the other spankable offenses repaired before the email was released. Whew! I have been seeing some traffic increase since the changes.
    Very Glad it's Done!

10. BlissfulWriter profile image72
    BlissfulWriterposted 13 years ago

I got two Hub rejected.   But I'm going to add more words to it.

11. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

I corrected 6 of them before emails started going out. I think they are all ok now.

12. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

I WIN I WIN I WIN CAUSE THIS IS FOR SURE A FIRST AND IT'S NOT EVEN A HUB lol

Subject: Your Question "What would you call a magazine that featured the contents of this site?"

Dear kimberlyslyrics,

Your recent question "What would you call a magazine that featured the contents of this site?" has been removed as substandard.  This includes, but is not limited to, questions that are:

-Difficult to understand
    -Not written in English
    -Not phrased as a question
    -Otherwise unclear

hmm:

I would have called it google hmmlol

13. Joan1 profile image59
    Joan1posted 13 years ago

Wow, so many people are getting slapped.
    And probably the worst cases are too busy fixing their hubs, so they don't have time to post on the forum.

I better be careful.

14. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I didn't receive any emails from Staff. smile

However, I've been in the forums listening and watching the activity about other people and their hubs. So, that helped.

Also, there were a couple of threads(admin) to explain the changes of rules and other things. So, that put me ahead of the emails sent out.

I did have about a dozen or so hubs that received warnings on them, but have already been fixed. smile

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh you're quite the early bird ;-)

15. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I got two so far.
    No big deal really, I just deleted them and will republish them somewhere else.
    They were really low traffic anyway.
    Although one did do fairly well in Amazon sales.

16. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I had two - I'm glad I received the email, because I missed them when I was looking at my amazon sales hubs. I fixed them in short order (just removed a few product listings).

Most of my hubs are informational, so it didn't affect me greatly. Good luck to those of you who have a lot of re-working to do!

17. Tina Kachan profile image61
    Tina Kachanposted 13 years ago

Just one, and I decided to delete it big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)