jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What Bounce Rate should I aim for on Google?

1. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

I suspect that my bounce rate is having a negative impact on my rankings etc. How can I reduce my bounce rate - I feel a lot of my sites are pretty decent quality though - do I need to reduce product listings on all my hubs and add more content!? I note that out of my 400+ hubs only about 40 or so were flagged as having too many products on them!

What is a good bounce rate?

1. rorymullen profile image62
      rorymullenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

SimeyC , Looks like you are doing amazing with the amount of Hubs you have created. 10% of your Hubs is not that bad. As with the bounce rate, I would like to try to keep it under 50- 45% . The best way I obtain that number is making sure I find ways to get them to go to my other pages. I have a couple ideas that may help you.

On average a viewer will have 3-4 seconds to view a page once he is on it. Making sure you have garnered there attention means you will have to have keywords highlighted that grab or attract thee attention. Highlighted keywords can be close to outgoing links that can go to more of your Hubs.

I have more ideas, but got work to do. Message me if interested.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I fully expect a very high bounce rate here on HP. (Bounce rate = person views one page and leaves)

If someone is out searching for information on purple widgets and they get to my page on purple widgets, I really don't expect them to browse around looking for information on blue gadgets or orange wingnuts.

Now, on my own sites where the entire site is devoted to one topic, I expect a fairly low bounce rate.

Remember too that if someone comes onto your hub and leaves via an ad, that's also a bounce -- although it's a very good thing. smile

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about bounce rate on a hub. Viewing one pages and clicking an ad is actually desirable.

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

I don't think it has any significance for your rankings

5. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

I'm of the mind that nobody should bounce. They should jump - at my amazon products.

EDIT: And my ratings should go right up.