jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

How much would you pay each month to be a part of HubPages?

1. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I'd pay $0.

Because HubPages is making money from me contributing content.

And it would be suicide for a service like HubPages, which prides itself on being easy to use and free, to try and change its business model and the perception of people.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

2. Bendo13 profile image87
    Bendo13posted 8 years ago

Do you work for hubpages or something?  Why are you trying to sell this idea to us and yourself?  Doesn't make sense when a great free service works as well as it does for someone to suggest paying for it.

3. epictruth profile image83
    epictruthposted 8 years ago

Sorry, I guess I just feel like I pay for a lot of different services. You're right, it is great free!

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

In case there's any concern, I'd just like to step in and say HubPages is not planning on charging for our service.  We're dedicated to remaining an open platform for people to publish their passion and easily earn on their content--free.

5. ProCW profile image83
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

I'd like to officially say

6. crashcromwell profile image81
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

Thank you Maddie. I believe there is value in hubpages, but I also know that if I even suggested paying for the service my wife would throw me out, and keep the computer!

I would rather benefit hubpages by having ads placed on my site and let them get a piece of the action.

7. blogging2 profile image77
    blogging2posted 8 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up Maddie smile  I saw the question and was getting concerned!

8. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Just so people know, I didn't start this thread.

What happened to the first 4 or 5 posts before mine?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Sure.  Likely story.  We all know you like to create controversy.  Remember that thread that may not be mentioned that almost shut down the whole site?

darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think they should have hooked a couple of jumper cables on that thread and there would have been enough energy to power a small town.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
          Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Green energy at its best.

2. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Looks like you've been caught with your pants down!!

Actually here is an opportunity to hijack a thread.

If you were asked to write a 300 - 500 article, how much per word would you charge?

darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've got no idea.

5 cents a word? Maybe 10 cents a word.

I try and say as much as I can with as little words as possible so maybe the careful selection of words should come at a premium.

I used to write and submit a lot of freelance submissions to magazines in the mid to late 90's. But the best return was for creative fiction. But that's a whole other kettle of fish. You need a really good idea before you even start writing. One magazine would pay $300 for a 700 word story, and another was $400 for a 1,200 word story. But How To articles practically write themself. It's the editing stage that makes them into a highly prized and polished gem.

I once wrote something that scored me a decent prize and upon reflection (and using a calculator) I must have got around $12.60 a word for how well the effort paid off.

9. 0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Some good points there Darkside. I think $15 to $25 is a good price too for a 300 to 500 word article post. Hubbers are an un-tapped resource just waiting to be spudded.

10. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

To tell you the truth I am tapping into this resource big_smile

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't blame you. I can see a niche self hosted wordpress blog with ten pages ghost written all targeting the same keyword for less than one fifty. Done properly that would be returned within the first four weeks. I'm considering it as well. Hubbers would deliver a quality product thats for sure.