jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Want to help? I've made 4 cents with 11 hubs in two months...

1. BigSerious profile image92
    BigSeriousposted 6 years ago

I've only made 4 cents total, according to adsense. I know the process can be slow, and I know it will take a lot more hubs to get any sort of steady increase... but is 4 cents really all I've made so far? Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong, what I could do better? I'm a good writer. Maybe my topics are not very desirable? Maybe I'm not setting up good URL addresses? Maybe... something else?

I'd love critiques. Give me your worst! (That is, your best!)

--c.

1. tritrain profile image76
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My guess is that the topics are not very popular, assuming that you're not getting enough traffic.

Share your Hubs with family and friends. Social networks too.  Work on finding better keywords and SEO for your Hubs, if applicable.

If you are getting a fair amount of traffic, make sure you add Amazon and/or Ebay modules, with highly rated products.

Also, it helps to group like Hubs together.

BigSeriousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I saw you have a lot of hubs that may be helpful. Thanks! smile I'll be reading more of yours.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Use the Google keyword tool to find what people are searching for, the exact phrases, and incorporate them into your hubs. Use the keyword phrase in your title, in the url and throughout the body of the hub.
      It took me a long time to cotton on. I wrote well over 100 hubs before the penny dropped.
      Other people learn quicker, or else they instinctively knew, perhaps from being part of a certain age group of whatever.
      Other people read newspaper adverts to see what is going down or coming up.
      Meanwhile, just write what you feel like writing. It's not wasted even if it's not keyword researched because not only does your writing improve the more you write, but you begin to get a feel for what is working for you.
      When something starts to work, write more hubs around it.
      Welcome to Hubpages smile

Thank you!

2. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

My suggestion is making a variety of hubs. One day I made a hub and I was getting 500 views a day on it. And practically got my 1000 views over night.

Learn about KEYWORDS. Think about how you would search for it, what you would type in the bar.

My best advice.

3. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

You've only been here 7 weeks.  Give it some time.

4. jamiecoins profile image62
    jamiecoinsposted 6 years ago

i have had this same problem i have over 900 views between all my hubs its better than i had expected but i have made 0.67 cent euros so far all the information that has been provided is great thanks and big serious im sure the information provided will also be a great help to you

1. IzzyM profile image87

900 views in just two weeks is great Jamie! Well done!

2. Rafini profile image87
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

um, this user (jamiecoins) has no hubs and has been banned from hubpages....??

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yeah I know. His hubs lacked punctuation completely and were hard to read. But I was in the process of helping him out and had actually edited 2 hubs and sent them to him (it was late and he had gone to bed).

Next thing he was banned!

Shame because his hubs read really well and were informative - I never had to change the grammar or anything - just add full stops and capital letters.

I wrote to team but no response. Jamie is gutted.

5. BigSerious profile image92
    BigSeriousposted 6 years ago

Thank you, everybody! I will be patient. smile

Many people suggest SEO, trackers, etc... I have to admit I still have yet to find a clear, well-written tutorial on how to do this. I have read many, and yet... something is missing. I can't put it all together. Perhaps some of the writers are so familiar with the content, they are forgetting to "spell it out, as if I'm a fifth grader." :-)

I have added a new genre of hub to my list - added a short story I wrote years ago. I've read some people actually have success with that, and since it's content I have available, and it's not going anywhere, I put it up. I'm curious to see how each hub does. I've started adding custom URL channels to my AdSense, but see only 3 listed though I've added all of them. What's the trick? Am I missing something?

I realize I either say "I must be missing something" or ask "Am I missing something?" a lot.

A clue, perhaps. tongue

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I explained it about as well as I can.. And then after that you backlink.

Write about things that you would search for, and use the keywords that are searched frequently.

Make a better page than the pages on the first page of Google.

It can be about anything.. I mean there really isn't anything else.

Thank you. smile

6. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 6 years ago

I'm also new and I am terrible at SEO. I did find this hubpage article, though, and I am studying it to see if I can improve my current hubs: http://hubpages.com/hub/increase-page-r … h-pagerank

It has some clear-cut steps for improving the search-engine friendliness of hubs.

7. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

Loved the recipe, loved the making, didnt like the first paragraph. Too much like selling..

The rest was good.

Add an extra picture, some other vegan based links or anything else about vegan at the bottom and leave out the first paragraph. smile

thats what I think, its your hub, so do as you wish, not as I say.

8. Karanda profile image84
    Karandaposted 6 years ago

You have everything at your fingertips to not only write and write well but earn money from that writing. Check out the Learning Centre, become a part of the community by reading and commenting on Hubs you can relate to, answer and ask questions. Get involved in the Weekly Hubmob and from what I have seen of your writing, you will get there eventually.

working