jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I want some critique on my hubs.

1. tgopfrich profile image79
    tgopfrichposted 5 years ago

I would like some critique's on my hubs, I feed on the negative!! I can only get better if I know what I'm doing wrong. I just would like some outside opinions on my writing style, how I present myself in my work and I would like others opinions of my work.

1. Alexander Pease profile image61
      Alexander Peaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would not so much do a critique your hubs, but your presentation of yourself.

Your Bio page could use some touching up. You told the viewer a great deal about yourself, which was overwhelming. Try to narrow down who you are to one simple subject. For instance, I wouldn't elaborate about why you are a "budding Buddhist" (I like the term). Referring to oneself negatively can put off readers, sometimes less honesty is best. Instead, I would stick to the positive aspects of why you are researching into that field of study.

Happy Hubbing.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It is good that you feed on the negative, because Top 5 Music Videos isn't that great. Corrections in parenthesis:

- Grammar: "when I first seen" (when I first saw);
    - Repetition: "It was so cool...," "It was pretty cool..."
    - Punctuation: "It was pretty cool I must say" (It was pretty cool, I must say")
    - Punctuation: "better,stronger,wiser" (better, stronger, wiser).

These are only a few examples, I could have listed many more. I suggest you toughen up on your grammar and punctuation skills, do careful proofreading of all of your present and future work.

3. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

I noticed spelling errors on the Venison Hub.  It looks tasty, by the way.

I would have the hubby proofread it, as it can be a challenge find ones' own spelling errors.