jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Is this site having technical difficulties or bothered by a bug?

1. ohic32 profile image85
    ohic32posted 6 years ago

I am annoyed. I have been trying to publish a couple hubs since yesterday and the page just keeps reloading each time I tell it to continue. I have tried to  get help and that page also simply reloads each time I try to submit my question. I am peeved. Can anyone help? Im not even sure this attempt will go through.

Not even the contact feature is working for me. I am trying all available avenues offered here to get some help but to no avail.

HELP HELP HELP.. I neeed some HELP!

1. WAHmom profile image87
      WAHmomposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this happened to me once, did you try shutting down and restarting your computer? you can also check your settings.

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

Are you having any similar difficulties with sites or apps other than HP?

ohic32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi. Thanks for replying and trying to help. My net service as been slow throughout the weekend until now but that is just about all the other difficulty I am having.

I am able to use other sites but sometimes hubpages does not even load. I have only been having this problem since yesterday. I gave up and decided to try again today. Pages are loading faster but I am still having that publishing issue with hubpages. I cleared my cookies and defragmented my laptop twice yesterday. I just do not know what else to do.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

About the only thing I might mention is to get rid of IE if you are using it.  Try FireFox or Chrome instead.  IE does not work well on HubPages.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is good advice that I put off for too long. It took this weekend's virus business to finally get me off IE and onto Chrome.

IE had been locking me up from time to time (symptoms like ohic's). Anyway, an interface other than IE may be the solution.

I am going to try firefox and see what happens as I am presently using Chrome.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In my experience Chrome is faster than Firefox. I sympathise with your bad connection and the only thing I can suggest is to have as few tabs open as possible as each one will use a little bit of your limited bandwidth.
          I know because I have a crap connection. Sometimes it gets so bad I can go and boil the kettle and make a cup of tea while waiting for a page to load sad
          You could also try emptying your browser cache?
          Sometimes when it is full everything slows even worse than usual.

LOL @ the kettle bit. Thats no joke. I hardly ever use Firefox which is why it never even came to mind to try it yesterday but it  is my Saviour today.

I emptied my cache and cleared browsing history at least three times now since yesterday. It was one of the first things I thought could be the culprit. I just do not know whats happening with Chrome in my neck of the woods now. I hope it resolves itself soon or else I find a way to cure its wayward behavior... LOL.

Thanks for offering your advice.

2. ohic32 profile image85

Hi Wilderness. I actually stopped using IE from sometime last year as it was giving me multiple birth experiences just about everyday I tried using it. I switched to Chrome since then but now this. I even resorted to trying back IE yesterday but it loaded even slower than Chrome.

I am going to try Firfox now and tell you what happens.

Thanks a lot for the firefox suggestion. I have not completed my publishing but at least it is working. Thanks again and thanks to all who tried to assist.

Happy Hubbing.

1. IzzyM profile image87

LOL, we cross posted - I was still writing a reply when you posted this.

I suggest anyway that you clear out your browser cache then. If Firefox is working well, Chrome must be full up.

OK... I did clear my cache and browsing history twice yesterday and just now at yours and another responder's suggestion but it did not help yesterday. Or maybe it did as my pictures from my email downloaded faster compared. Not sure about that though as it might have been anxious and wishful thinking.

I will continue to clear the cache and defragment to see if things get better. Thanks for all the help.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Just another thought...you can enlarge the browser cache so that it can take more things before it has a hissy fit. A lot depends on what system you are running under, but I increased mine when I was getting problems and its been fine since. Still slow, but fine smile

working